We want to help create 1000 affordable, sustainable, #peoplepoweredhomes in Leeds over the next ten years. We raised £360,000 through a community share offer to kickstart that mission.
The £360,000 we’ve raised will:
- Fund the purchase of 16 permanently affordable flats on an eco-development in the centre of Leeds
- Develop proposals for future projects to build more affordable homes
See details of our community share offer through Ethex
We used the positive investment platform Ethex to administer our share offer. On their site you will find detailed information about our share offer, plus links to important documents including our share offer document, our business plan and the Rules of Leeds Community Homes.
The documents provided below provide all relevant and necessary information regarding both Leeds Community Homes and our community share offer.
We’ve met the Community Shares standard
The Community Shares Standard Mark is awarded by the Community Shares Unit to offers that meet national standards of good practice. These standards ensure that:
- The offer document and application form are easy to understand
- You are provided with all the facts you need to make an informed decision
- The facts are supported by the annual accounts and/or business plan for the society
- Nothing in the documents is purposely incorrect, confusing or misleading
Societies are asked to sign a Code of Practice requiring them, among other things, to
give the public a right of complaint to the Community Shares Unit. For more information about community shares, the Community Shares Standard Mark and the Community Shares Unit go to: www.communityshares.org.uk